Baked Sausages With Piri Piri And Thyme
- 450g chunky pork sausages
- 3 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into large pieces
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes, on the vine
Preheat the oven to, 180ºC, 160ºC Fan, Gas Mark 4
Place the sausages into a small baking tray or roasting tin.
Mix together in a bowl or jug the thyme, garlic, seasoning, oil and chilli sauce. Pour over the sausages and roll them to coat. Add the red chilli and lemon, squeezing and leaving wedges in the pan.
Place in the preheated oven and cook for 35 minutes, then add the tomatoes on the vine and cook for a further 5 minutes to soften slightly.
Serve with mini roasted new potatoes tossed in thyme and drizzled with the meat juices.