Bacon Salad With Beans And Herbs
- 6 rashers unsmoked dry cured back bacon
- 225g green beans
- 1x 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 50g canned lentils (drained weight)
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped herbs eg, parsley, dill, mint and chives
- 150g mozzarella cheese, roughly torn
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
Cook the bacon under a preheated moderate grill for 2-3 minutes on each side then cut each rasher into three.
Cook green beans in boiling water until just tender, drain and leave to cool slightly.
In a large bowl toss together the bacon, beans, lentils, herbs and cheeses.
To prepare the dressing; Put all the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well to mix together.
Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.