Spanish pork with butter beans and chorizo
A tasty Spanish inspired pork dish for all the family with delicious butter beans and chorizo
Not too tricky
- 4 pork loin steaks, fat removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 50g chopped chorizo
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 150ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Heat the oil, in a non-stick frying or sauté pan with a lid, over a medium heat. Add the chorizo, onion and red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo has released its oil and the onion and pepper have softened. Remove from the pan to a plate and set aside.
Add the pork steaks to the pan and cook for three minutes on one side, then turn over, and cook for 2 minutes. Return the chorizo and pepper mixture to the pan and stir in the paprika.
Stir in the tomatoes, butter beans and stock. Bring to a simmer, then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes, until the steaks are cooked through and the juices run clear.
Season to taste and sprinkle with the parsley. Divide between 4 plates and serve with green vegetables.
Green vegetables, such as tender stem broccoli or green beans.