Sausage And Bean Cassoulet
1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 x 454g pack spicy pork chilli sausages
- 50g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (add if you can’t get pork chilli sausages)
In a large heatproof casserole dish heat the oil and cook the ) chorizo sausage for 3-4 minutes.
Add the pork chilli sausages, garlic, stock, beans, tomato and chilli, optional. Preheat the oven to 190°, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
Mix well, cover and cook in a preheated oven for 1-1½ hours or until the sausage is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with steamed green vegetables, mashed potato or crusty bread.