Sausage And Bean Cassoulet
1 hour 30 minutes
- 454g (1lb) Spicy Pork chilli sausage
- 50g (2oz) Chorizo sausage
- 5ml (1tsp) Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 300ml (1/2pt) Stock
- 410g (1) Can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 410g (1) Can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 45ml (3tbsp) Tomato purée
- 1 Red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped (add if you can’t get pork chilli sausages)
In a large heatproof casserole dish heat 5ml (1tsp) oil and cook 50g (2oz) chorizo sausage, sliced, for 3-4 minutes.
Add 454g (1lb) spicy Pork chilli sausages, 3 cloves garlic, 300ml (½pt) stock, 410g (approx) can butter beans, rinsed and drained, 410g (approx) can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained, 45ml (3tbsp) tomato purée, and 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional).
Mix well, cover and cook in a preheated oven for 1-1½ hours or until the sausage is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with steamed green vegetables, mashed potato or crusty bread