Pork stir fry with pineapple marinade
- 225g pork leg escallops, pork loin medallions or pork fillet, fat removed and cut into strips
For the Pineapple Marinade:
- 100ml fresh pineapple juice
- 45ml reduced salt soy sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
For the Vegetables:
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 2 small pak choi, roughly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly chopped red chillies
- Cooked brown rice
- Lemon wedges
To prepare the pineapple marinade:
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together. Transfer half the marinade to a large bowl and add the pork, cover and marinate for 1-2 hours, or overnight, if time allows. Reserve the remaining half of the marinade for later.
Heat the oil in a large pan on the hob and cook the garlic, onion, broccoli, pak choi, lemon zest and chillies. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add the pork and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, add the reserved fresh marinade and cook for 30 seconds or until the marinade is piping hot. Season if required.
Garnish with the fresh parsley and chillies then serve immediately on a bed of brown rice.
Pork Fillet: 10-12 minutes turning occasionally, 3 minutes in oven at 170°C, 150°C Fan, 3 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6 minutes on each side, 3 minutes in oven at 170°C, 150°C Fan, 3 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2 minutes on each side, 1-2 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.