Pork Medallions Ramen
A healthy hearty broth that warms the soul. Not only is this pork ramen incredibly low in calories, it also tastes incredible.
- 2 pork loin medallions or pork loin steaks, fat removed
- 1 litre hot low salt hot vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared teriyaki sauce
- 125g shiitake or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g pak choi, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g flat rice noodles
- 125g fresh beansprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander
Add the stock to a large saucepan with the chilli sauce, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the pork and cook for 7 minutes, turning once. Add the teriyaki sauce and 3 tablespoons of water, and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Add the mushrooms, pak choi, pepper, noodles and beansprouts to the chilli broth, cover and simmer for 4 minutes until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
Slice the pork thinly. Divide the noodles and vegetables between 2 bowls and ladle over the broth. Top each with the pork strips, chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.
Tip: Great served with lime wedges. As an alternative use leftover roast pork, cut into strips, but heat through until piping hot.