Miso glazed pork fillet
This Japanese style recipe is packed with delicious flavour. Pork fillet is very tender and lean which is perfect for a quick midweek meal. Guaranteed to be a new family favourite.
- 1x 450g lean pork fillet
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Japanese mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 2 teaspoons ginger purée
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Cooked egg noodles
- Stir fried vegetables
In a small bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the pork in a shallow dish, pour over the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes or overnight in the fridge, if time allows.
Preheat the oven 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4. Place the pork in a foil-lined small roasting tin, pour over the marinade, and roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade. Cook until the pork is caramelised but still juicy.
Remove the fillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes, and cut into slices. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with noodles and stir-fried vegetables, drizzled with any juices from the roasting pan.