Bacon, Tomato And Fennel Tarte Tatin
- 6 thick cut unsmoked sweet cured premium back bacon rashers
- 1 tablespoon soft dark brown sugar
- Knob butter
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1x 500g pack prepared flaky pastry
- Olive oil
- Extra, fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 160ºC Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Place the sugar and butter onto a shallow baking tray, roughly mix together and spread over the tray.
Add the bacon, tomatoes and fennel. Finish off with the chopped rosemary and sprigs and drizzle with oil. Cook for 8-10 minutes, remove and increase the temperature up to 200ºC, 180ºC Fan, Gas Mark 6.
Roll out the pastry to fit the baking tray and loosely place on top of the bacon mixture. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden.
Remove and allow to stand for a 1-2 minutes and then carefully turn onto a serving plate.
Cut the tatin into wedges and serve hot or cold with a side salad.