Bacon, Tomato And Fennel Tarte Tatin
- 6 Thick cut unsmoked Sweet cured premium back bacon rashers
- 15g (1tbsp) Soft dark brown sugar
- 12g (½oz) Butter
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ Small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 15ml (1tbsp) Fresh rosemary chopped + extra whole sprigs
- 500g (17½oz) Pre-made packet flaky pastry
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC.
Place the sugar and butter onto a shallow baking tray, roughly mix together and spread over the tray.
Add the bacon rashers, tomatoes and fennel. (Remembering that when the tarte is turned upside down the bottom will become the top!) Finish off with the chopped rosemary and sprigs and drizzle with oil.
Place in a preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes, remove and turn the oven temperature up to Gas Mark 6, 200ºC.
Roll out the pastry to fit the baking tray and loosely place on top of the bacon mixture.
Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry is well risen and golden.
Remove and allow to stand for 1-2 minutes and then carefully turn out onto a serving plate.
Serve hot or cold in wedges.