Pork Loin Steaks with Salsa Verde
Want to impress your friends midweek? Trust us, once you’ve tried our salsa verde you’ll be asked to make it again and again!
For the pork:
- 4 pork loin steaks, fat removed
- 2 tablespoons Za’atar herb mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Salsa Verde:
- 2 handfuls of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 small chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- Black pepper ,to season
- 450g assorted vegetables, thickly sliced e.g. 1 courgette, 1 red pepper and 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crusty bread to share – Italian ciabatta is ideal
Take a shallow dish, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of herb rub of your choice and mix together. Place the loin steaks into the bowl and rub in the marinade.
Heat a non-stick griddle pan until hot. Add the pork and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Alternatively, cook on a prepared BBQ.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the courgette, red pepper and onions to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Alternatively, place the pan on a prepared BBQ and cook over direct heat.
To make the Salsa Verde, whizz all the ingredients together in a food processor to make a paste. Season.
Transfer the steaks to warm plates and add the Mediterranean vegetables. Drizzle some salsa verde over each steak. Spoon any remaining salsa verde in a small bowl.
Serve with crusty ciabatta bread.