Korean-Style Pork Salad Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
The key to this sweet and spicy Korean-Style Pork Salad Bowl recipe is the brilliant marinade mix of miso, chili, soy sauce and mirin – along with crunchy veg and fluffy cauliflower rice – it’s a dish that tastes as great as it looks.
- 4 pork loin medallions, fat removed and cut into 1cm strips, or 300g pork stir-fry strips
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 600g prepared cauliflower rice or 2 x 250g wholegrain rice pouches
- 200g radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
To make cauliflower rice using a small, whole cauliflower, break into florets (or small pieces), place in a food processor and blitz to give a texture that resembles rice; then place in a large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
In a large bowl, mix together the miso paste, chilli sauce, soy and mirin to make a paste. Stir in the pork medallions, cover, set aside and marinate in 10 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pork with the marinade for 8 minutes or until the juices run clear. Stir in 100ml hot water and heat through for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, heat the prepared cauliflower rice or wholegrain rice pouches according to the pack instructions.
Arrange the pork with cauliflower rice or wholegrain rice in the base of 4 wide bowls; add the radishes, pepper and cucumber around the bowl, drizzle over the pork juices and serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds (if used).
For speed, try using pre-prepared Gochujang paste instead of the miso and chilli sauce.