Thai Sausage Lettuce Cups
- 450g pork sausage meat (or 8 pork sausages, skins removed)
- 2 teaspoons 'lazy' ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1x 200g pack 'ready to wok' rice noodles
- 2-3 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
Place the garlic and ginger paste, soy sauce and fish sauce in a large bowl and mix well. Add the sausage meat and mix to combine all the ingredients.
Heat the oil in a wok or a sauté pan and add almost all of the spring onions (leave some aside for garnish). Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the sausage meat. Cook for 8-10 minutes or starting to go golden brown.
Add the noodles and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Place the lettuce leaves on a large platter and top each one with a little of the sausage mix. Garnish with the cashews, coriander, remaining spring onions and if using, the fresh red chilli. Cut a lime into segments to serve on the side. Serve with the lime wedges.