Thai Sausage Lettuce Cups
- 450g pork sausage meat (or 8 pork sausages, skins removed)
- 2tsp 'lazy' ginger and garlic paste
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 200g 'ready to wok' rice noodles
- 2-3 Little Gem lettuces, leaves seperated
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into segments (optional)
Place the garlic and ginger paste, soy sauce and fish sauce in a large bowl and mix. Add the sausage meat to the bowl and mix to combine all the ingredients.
Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or a sauté pan and add almost all of the spring onions (leave some aside for garnish). Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the seasoned sausage meat. Cook for 8-10 minutes or starting to go golden brown.
Add the noodles and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Place the lettuce leaves on a large platter and top each one with sausage mix. Garnish with the chopped cashews, coriander, remaining spring onions and if using, the fresh red chilli. Cut a lime into segments to serve on the side.