Mini Pork And Pear Pies With Parsley
Not too tricky
- 225g lean pork mince
- 225g premium ‘Butchers’ style spicy pork sausages sausage meat removed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 pears, thickly sliced lengthways
- 1x 500g pack prepared chilled shortcrust pastry
- Egg and milk beaten together, for glaze
Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
Place the sausage meat in a bowl – discard skins. Add the mince, parsley and seasoning.
Cut six 12cm squares of non-stick baking paper. Roll out pastry and cut into 6 squares slightly smaller than the paper.
Take the paper and pastry together and place into the muffin tin (paper against the tin) – press down slightly to roughly line the tin. Leave pastry and paper overlapping at top.
Place a slice of pear upright in the pastry case and place a spoonful of the meat mixture either side of the pear to fill the case.
Roughly fold pastry over at top and bake in oven for 20–25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Serve with an autumn salad of mixed leaves, chicory, extra pear slices and dressing of your choice.