Cheese And Bacon Muffins
Not too tricky
- 250g (9oz) Plain flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 175g (6oz) Cooked bacon, chopped
- 50g (2oz) Mature Welsh cheese
- 1tbsp Mustard
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Thyme leaves
- 2 Free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 65g (2oz) Melted butter or 80ml sunflower oil
- 125ml (4 1/2oz) low fat yoghurt
Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together with the lightest of touch, until just blended. Do not over mix.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins.
Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C/Gas Mark 4, for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and firm.
Remove and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.