Lead judge and queen of critique Marina O’Loughlin, shakes things up for 2014 as she welcomes the country’s most esteemed wordsmiths to join her. The doyenne of the restaurant critic world Fay Maschler, much-loved author and chef Yotam Ottolenghi and journalist and broadcaster Tracey MacLeod will all be dishing up their opinions on the entries this year.
Entrants have to impress the judges with 700 words of beautiful copy from a food article or piece they have written.
Food Writing judge Marina O’Loughlin says ‘I’m thrilled to be judging with Fay, Tracey and Yotam. The Fresh Voices in Food Writing category is important as it challenges conventional food writing awards and provides a platform for the new wave emerging in this country. Food-writers, if you want to be heard – get entering The YBFs.’
The YBFs is a nationwide search to discover, embrace and celebrate the unsung heroes that are set to shake up the food and drink world and become the faces of the future. These are no ordinary awards – unlike the average ‘best restaurant’ or ‘best bar’ awards, The YBFs are on a mission to scour the country for the nation’s best and brightest butchers, bakers and cocktail makers, as well as food writers and entrepreneurs.
In their search across Britain, the YBFs invite food enthusiasts to enter any of its nine diverse categories:
- Alcohol, judged by Tony C
- Street-Food, judged by Petra Barran, Nichola Smith and Claire Kelsey
- Experiential, judged Bompas and Parr and Alexa Perrin
- Baking, judged by Lily Vanilli and Daniel Stevens
- Meat, judged by James George and Richard Turner
- Chefs, judged by Nuno Mendes
- Food Writing, judged by Marina O’Loughlin, Yotam Ottolenghi, Fay Maschler and Tracey MacLeod
- Coffee, judged by Tim Williams and Marco Arrigo
- Honorary, judged by The YBF Founders
The YBFs have been created by three pioneers who believe there is a food and drink movement that is as significant as art. They are food journalist and Editor, Chloe Scott-Moncrieff, creative baker and founder of Lily Vanilli, Lily Jones, and Amy Thorne, founder and MD of TASTE PR.
Entries close at the end of June. Visit www.the-ybfs.com for entry details.
Note To Editors: Please contact email@example.com for further details – 0207 242 2844