Mrs Rachel Brady - Creamy pork and mushroom midweek meal
As part of our midweek meals campaign we approached a number of popular influencers to see if they’d be keen to create and share with us some new pork recipes. Mrs Rachel Brady jumped at the chance and we love her creamy pork dish that’s perfect for the whole family.
With a passion for pork that goes back to her childhood Rachel came up with a dish using pork steaks and just a few everyday ingredients that’s not only delicious but quick and easy too! Check out the recipe below and follow her blog here.
Creamy pork and mushroom recipe
10g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked for 30 mins in mugful of boiling water (don't throw away the liquid!)
Tablespoon olive oil
4 pork loin steaks (mine were quite thick), trimmed of fat, or pork medallions
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
300ml crème fraiche
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in half a mugful of boiling water. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom frying pan. Add some oil. Season the steaks. Fry for about 5 or 6 mins on each side if they are thick like mine, less if they are thin (3 mins each side), adding a knob of butter to add flavour too.
- Remove and set to one side to rest. Remove porcinis and reserve liquid! Chop the porcinis finely.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and soften for 5 mins. Then add mushrooms and porcinis too. Stir about to get some colour and soften - a few more mins.
- Tip in the porcini liquid but not the last bit in the bowl as they can leave some fine grit in the bottom. This is normal.
- Turn up the heat and add the crème fraiche. Heat through, season to taste. Add parsley. Now pop the pork steaks back in and warm through for a minute.
- Serve with brown rice and green beans.