22 January 2020
Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year is just around the corner (January 25th) and this year we are sharing some of our delicious Chinese-inspired Pork recipes. From tasty noodles to sensational sweet and sour pork, we've got the perfect dish to kick off your Chinese New Year festivities!
Healthy Sweet and Sour Pork Stir-fry
To celebrate the occasion, why not try whipping up our quick and easy Healthy Sweet and Sour pork stir-fry recipe. A dish that will be a hit with the whole family, and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
- 4 pork loin medallions or steaks, fat removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 300g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables
For the sauce:
- 1 x 227g can pineapple slices in natural juice, drained, cut into chunks and juice reserved
- 75ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 x 250g pouches wholegrain or brown basmati rice
- To make the sauce, in a measuring jug mix together the pineapple juice, 75ml water, tomato purée, vinegar and sweet chilli sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the pork, onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the prepared stir-fry vegetables, the sauce and pineapple chunks. Cook for 7 minutes or until juices run clear
- Heat the rice according to pack instructions and serve with the stir-fry.
Check out more of our favourite Chinese-inspired dishes below!