Pork Hotpot With Potatoes And Veggies
- 900g (2lb) Lean pork collar or shoulder joint cut into large chunks
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 2 Onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 Parsnips, peeled and cut into thick chunks
- 2 Large sprigs fresh sage, chopped
- 150ml (¼pt) Sweet fruity ale
- 2 White turnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 15g (1tbsp) Butter
Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and pork, and brown on all sides. Add parsnips, sage, seasoning and ale.
Transfer to large oven-proof pot. Top with slices of turnip and potato and dot with butter.
Cover with lid or foil and cook in oven for 2 hours (remove the lid for the last 30 minutes to brown off).
Serve the hotpot traditionally with pickled red cabbage and additional seasonal vegetables.