Chipolata Sausages With Chilli And Rice
- 450g (1lb) Pork chipolata sausages
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1-2 Red chillies, seeds removed and nely chopped
- 5g (1tsp) Cumin
- 1 Red pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Orange pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 125ml (¼pt) Passatta – sieved tomato
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, chillies, seasoning and cumin and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the peppers and sausages and brown lightly on all sides. Add the can of tomatoes, red kidney beans and passatta and stir well. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer and cover with a lid.
Gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
Serve with rice, guacamole and Mexican snacks.