Baked Sausages With Piri Piri And Thyme
- 450g (1lb) chunky pork sausages
- 3 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 45ml (3tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into large pieces
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 large sprigs, vine on, cherry tomatoes
Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC.
Place sausages into a small baking pan or tin.
Mix together in a bowl or jug the thyme, garlic, seasoning, oil and chilli sauce. Pour over the sausages and roll them to coat. Add the red chilli and lemon, squeezing and leaving wedges in the pan.
Place in the pre-heated oven and cook for 35 minutes, then add tomato sprigs and cook for a further 5 minutes to soften slightly.
Serve with mini roasted new potatoes tossed in thyme and drizzled with piri piri juices.